HALKIDIKI or CHALKIDIKI
Halkidiki or Chalkidiki
Halkidiki is a peninsula, which is divided into three smaller peninsulas, the so-called legs. The first leg is named Kassandra and is full of popular tourist resorts, luxurious Halkidiki hotels, and beautiful organized beaches. The second leg is named Sithonia, it is less organized and full of secluded coves. The third leg is named Athos and is a close monastic community, the most important landmark of Christianity, with its famous and splendid monasteries.
With its pristine forests, Halkidiki is the ideal destination for outdoor activities. Try climbing and hiking, Nordic walking and cycling, paragliding, horseback riding or book an adventure tour with a Jeep and explore the authentic nature of the region.
Don’t miss out visiting Petralona cave, which is about 700,000 years old, where prehistoric human traces have been found and the on-site museum. Cruise along the coastline of Aghio Oros admiring the byzantine era monasteries and the amazing beaches of mount Athos. From the interesting tower of Prosforio in Ouranoupolis, the boat to Mount Athos departs.
Authentic Experiences in Halkidiki
• Explore the rare Testudinata Turtles at Polychrono Lake
• Visit the Ancient sites of Stagira, Acanthus and Olynthos
• Visit the Historical and Folklore Museum in Arnaia village
• Visit the beautiful 700-year old village of Nikiti
• Take a cruise along the coastline of Aghio Oros and mount Athos
• Try climbing and hiking, cycling or paragliding on Mount Cholomontas
• Explore the seas of Halkidiki through scuba diving
• Join a Greek cooking class and taste organic products
• Discover the festivals, religious feasts and cultural events of Halkidiki
• Enjoy the vibrant nightlife of Halkidiki